Cheltenham Town boss Michael Duff ‘didn’t celebrate’ equaliser against Swindon Town in FA Cup

Cheltenham Town boss Michael Duff was left frustrated after the 1-1 draw with Swindon Town at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium on Saturday and he says that he didn’t celebrate the last gasp equaliser to keep them in the tie.

The result means that Cheltenham will travel to the County Ground next Tuesday, November 19th for the FA Cup first round replay.

A 91st minute opener from Jerry Yates was cancelled out two minutes later by Alex Addai’s equaliser to keep Cheltenham in the tie.

However, Duff wasn’t too pleased with his team’s performance and described it as “the worst we’ve played for a long time.”

READ: Chris Hussey Signs Contract Extension At Cheltenham Town

Duff also said: “It looked like we couldn’t get our plans out other than the first 10 minutes and then we stopped play completely in the second half and thought we’d just bank in.

“To beat good teams, we need to play better than that but we’re still in the tie but I didn’t even celebrate the goal, it was such a weird feeling because I’m not sure how we managed to walk off and not lost the tie.

“It’s more frustration, it’s as big as the levels get to but it’s hard to get those levels every week, we’re not all of a sudden the biggest and best in this league, we need to fight ‘tooth and nail’ for every single game.”

The result adds another fixture to Cheltenham’s schedule and will go to the County Ground after travelling to promotion rivals Exeter City this weekend.

The FA Cup second round draw will take place tonight at 7 o’clock on BBC Two with Cheltenham Town and Swindon Town in the draw, along with Forest Green Rovers who beat Billericay Town at the weekend.

Cheltenham Town/Swindon Town are ball 32 whilst Forest Green Rovers are ball 18.

Keep up to date on the Park Life Sport website and the Park Life Sport Live Blog this afternoon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *